This collection provides an implementation of the EcmaScript language
For license information, please see the file COPYING.LIB.
command-line with `planet -i' (see the PLaneT command-line tool docs).
Sorry I don't have any high-level documentation yet. Have you looked
at ECMA-262 Edition 3?
KNOWN LIMITATIONS ==============================================================
- `eval' is not yet implemented
- the `toString' method for functions doesn't produce their source yet
- numbers are probably not entirely faithful to spec
- variables bound in `catch' clauses probably don't work right
underneath `with' statements
- semantics of `delete' may be wrong for lexically scoped variables
- semantics of exceptions is probably not quite right (cf. the subtle
issue of try-finally with no catch and a return in the finally)
- regular expressions don't yet work at all
- there are absolutely no compiler optimizations yet -- should be
- standard library virtually non-existent
- needs a dialog box for the language preferences containing various
optional language features
- proper tail recursion is not yet implemented
- needs lots more unit tests
- `let' doesn't work anymore
RELEASE HISTORY ================================================================
Added newly required `capability-value' to language level interface.
Bug fixed for pretty-printer (thanks to Jay).
Serialized language level settings.
(Internally: hoisting for ES4 `let' in place.)
Implements most of ECMA-262 Edition 3.
Lack of regular expressions
Lack of standard library
No reflection or function reification